Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a Mustang in Des Moines, Iowa. Need to get it back to Youngstown, Ohio. Any suggestions or recommendations? Would like to get it moved this week if possible.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I used a company called Dependable Auto Shippers, Inc. They did a good job for me last summer moving a car from Arizona to Dallas. The web address for D.A.S. is dasautoshippers.com
Good luck and congrats on the new car.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
rent a u-haul truck and a 2 wheel trailer and go get it yourself. its not all that far. One day there and one day back.

G

·
0 Posts
Circle B Transport is right outside DesMoines. Just had them bring my GMC truck from Indiana to California. Did a great job, on time, for a reasonable fee, and required no deposit.Sorry, I don't have the phone no. right now, but will try to get it tomorrow
Beware of any company that wants a deposit, but won't accept it on a credit card. DO NOT USE A COMPANY OUT OF MISSOURI CALLED CHIPMUNK AUTOLOGICS, OR CHIPMUNK AUTOTRANSPORT. They'll rip you off and steal you blind.Shop around, and then shop around more. Lots of internet sites on auto transports. Good luck

·
Registered
6,031 Posts
Des Moines?? Did you buy bob's car?!

Here is a novel idea... DRIVE IT!! Fly down and drive it back. That is what my dad and I did when we got his 1969 Dart. We flew from Fort Wayne, IN to Charleston, SC and drove it back.

G

·
0 Posts
I also used DAS and was satisfied. It took them about a week to pick up in Minnesota and a couple/three days to deliver to St. Louis, MO.

G

·
0 Posts
You might check with any collector car dealers, restoration shops, or auto museums anywhere near you for recommendations. Some of these businesses and organizations move cars on a regular basis and usually have a good data base. I did this and got a positive recommendation for VIP Transport from two separate sources. I felt comfortable with them after "interviewing" them on the phone, plus their fee was competetive. They are moving a '65 GT K-code fastback across the country right now for me, due to arrive this week. Hope I made the right choice! Congrats on your purchase.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I used DAS from Sacremento to Detroit and had a horrible experience. Paid close to 1400 bucks for an enclosed trailor, got it here and it was covered in dust, bird crap, and had a huge three layer deep scratch in the front quarter panel, oh and they took apart my B&M shifter to figure out how it works and left it apart in the passanger seat (after I asked them if they wanted me to instruct them how to work it). I asked them why it was dirty if it was enclosed, they said, "well we aren't responsible for where the pickup/drop off yards store it until we get there." Then it took 5 months to get my money for the scratch repair. Maybe I'm just unlucky with car shipping (I have done it a few times). For now on, I will go get things myself..the money you spend on shippers usually comes out to more then if you just take a few days off work and rent a trailor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts