Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortuantely our pal Duane is unable to attend/organize the Trailer Trash 3.0 Dinner. Damon's is no longer in business, so I'm looking for (preferrably) an Oregonian to pick up the torch and hook us up with a venue for dinner on the evening of Friday 4/07 (right?). You'll need to gather a head count, make reservations, post directions, arrange for strippers (okay maybe not that, this is a family outting), etc. ;)

Jonesy and I are already taking on the carting/Hooter's event, so I'm hoping someone else will step up. :winkgrin:

Who's up for it? ::

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shut up, this is serious stuff. ;)
And that's a negative on fast food.

We need a decent place to hang out, have a good meal, adult beverage and visit with good friends. :highfive:

·
Registered
678 Posts
Unfortuantely our pal Duane is unable to attend/organize the Trailer Trash 3.0 Dinner. Damon's is no longer in business, so I'm looking for (preferrably) an Oregonian to pick up the torch and hook us up with a venue for dinner on the evening of Friday 4/07 (right?). You'll need to gather a head count, make reservations, post directions, arrange for strippers (okay maybe not that, this is a family outting), etc.
Hi Brian,

My brother owns a nice restaurant and bar in Oregon City called the Rivershore. That's about a 20 minute drive from the swap meet location and is located near the intersection of I-205 and McGloughlin Blvd. Atmosphere is similar to Damon's. It's in a hotel so we can get a room discount if enough want to stay there (I'll have to find out how many to get the room discount). Food is excellent and the beverages strong so...

Anyways, let me know if that will work for us.

And did you say the 7 April? If it is then I can make it. My daughter gets married on the 1st of April. I might be penniless but I'll make it!

Steve

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Most of us out of towners will be staying near Portland Meadows, but the restaurant with a VMF connection sounds like a good idea. I can't remember how far Damon's was, but 20 minutes seems okay to me.

Do they have a banquet room?
And yes, 4/07/06. I was off by a week on my first smack talkin' post ::

·
Registered
963 Posts
Landed in Phoenix about two hours ago. Just arrived at the condo in Fountain Hills. We are off to the BJ auction first thing in the AM..............But I digress :rolleyes:.......... The Oregon City area for dinner would work, as it's not to far from there to the kart track. :track: :highfive:

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cart track is the next night, so that's not really an issue.
However, there have been some concerns sent to me via PM as to Firday night traffic between this suggested venue and the Portland area.

Perhaps we should try to stick to the Jantzen Beach/Portland Meadows area?

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Geee.... wouldn't wanna haveta spend two nights at Hooters... :naive:...that would be a whole lotta "wings"... :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
89 Posts
I would highly recommend Chang's Mongolian Grill - it's over at Jantzen Beach - they have a banquet room and good all you can eat grub.

-Conrad

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I would highly recommend Chang's Mongolian Grill - it's over at Jantzen Beach - they have a banquet room and good all you can eat grub.

-Conrad
I'm likin' the sound of that! I second the motion for Changs ... provided of course they serve alcohol.

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There was also the place called Stanford's across the street from Damon's.
A broader menu selection for those that might not be into "Mongolian" food. :paranoid:

I called Stanfords and they have an area of the restaurant that can accommodate ~30 people, but it's not really a banquet room.

Anyone have a review on Stanford's?

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
I've had dinner and/or drinks at Standford's on a couple of occasions. IMHO a big thumbs up for food, service & atmosphere/scenery. A step up from Damon's maybe, but within reason.

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Agreed.

I like the idea of Stanford's. Based on the menu on their website, it looks like you can order anything from a $10 burger on up to a $30 Steak...lots of chicken, pastas, pizza and even vegetarian options in between.

If we get a few more suggestions, I'll start a poll.
But for now, I'm thinking Stanford's is the front runner. I can't book the "room" more than 30 days out, so we've got some time.

Crap, looks like I just took on the dinner event. :: :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Crap, looks like I just took on the dinner event.
Mist Boy for president! :winkgrin:

·
AKA Exchevman
5,383 Posts
Do they have sushi?

·
Registered
89 Posts
You dont' want to be on the other side of the river. Traffic trying to get across the I5 bridge on a Friday night is a HUGE PIA. Standfords is a pretty kickass place. There's also a pizza and beer joint at Jantzen Beach too. BJ's Pizza & Brewery - http://www.bjsbrewhouse.com/home_page/home_main.html

That's a cool place to go too.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts