Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Speed shop is in process of building a 375 stroker from my 351w. Im going to need a clutch to hold this thing. They claim 500 hp so its nothing to wild. What clutch is up to the cause? Also do I need to start working out my left leg to be able to put this thing in and hold it? (I rememberit well the shaking leg at long lights) The other question is on a balancer, I want it to look stock. Does any one know of a place to get or have a nice ballancer where the rubber isnt cracking or flaking?
Thanks Paul

·
Premium Member
11,700 Posts
You could put in a hydraulic setup and use just about any clutch you want without too much effort.

Use a kevlar/kevlar disc. They are REALLY smooth, hold well and wear forever. I love mine...

I can't speak to which pressure plate to use, as I had mine built to order.

I was gonna recommend the TCI rattler for a balancer, but it does not look anything like stock.

·
Banned
3,730 Posts
Recommend clutchmasters in Colton ca, they custom build clutches, are very good, resonably priced...as good as any "big label"

·
Registered
7,671 Posts
I have a Centerforce Dual Fricton 11" clutch, pressure plate, flywheel behind a 392W. Stock pedal pressure with the standard "Z" bar linkage even with the assist spring removed.

As always, beware of stock, cast-iron flywheels for hi-performance use. I reccomend a steel flywheel or a blowproof bellhousing, or both!

Damper Doctor in CA. will rebuild your balancer, or new 4 bolt balancers are avalable from Ford Motorsports.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts