Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, need some advice for my first vintage mustang project. bought a very solid '67 fastback from texas. discovered while replacing the front suspension that the passenger side shock tower at some point was stress cracked and repaired half-a$$ed. it's so bad that the previous owner installed alignment shims on one of the upper control arm bolts to straighten out the alignment. so many shims were added that now the bolt isnt long enough to install the nut.

Thanks!

anyway, should i rip out this shock tower and replace it, or just install a longer bolt.

can anyone recommend a shop in the chicagoland area that does good work? or someone that may make house calls?? i have no welding experience.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Fix it right. Your front suspension is critical to the safety of you, your passengers, and fellow motorists.

Whether fix it right means replacing the shock tower or repairing it is something you/your welder need to determine.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I would have to say NO to the longer bolt. Do it right the first time or you'll regret it later. If you can, take a picture and post it on here. Someone will be able to advise you to the best way to repair.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts