Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted your advice since obviously anyone who owns a Mustang is smarter than the average bear. We have a 4 year old boy and 3 year old girl and are starting to do some traveling. SWMBO has Grand Marquis now (she hates it and says it is an old persons car) I like it because it is safe, big, has a good ride and I don't have to shift gears when I drive it! Anyway she is for getting a conversion van-high top. Anyone own one? What kind of mileage does it get and can she drive it as her main transportation? What are the down sides to it? Where is a good place to find one about a year or two old? Thanks for any advice! Ken

·
Registered
307 Posts
I have a '93 E-150 with a Universal Hi-Top conversion and love it. I have three kids who can sit far apart from one another (helps prevent fighting). They can watch their favorite movies on the TV/VCR to keep them occupied. It has a 5.0L with and AOD auto trans. I get 13/gallon on city and highway. It rides comfortable and has ample power. I added a steering stabilizer to assist handling on windy days.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vans? Big open space for the kids to romp about in. I will assume the kids will be strapped into a seat so that in the event of a mishap they are not thrown about inside that big open space like little human missles. And since they will be strapped in why do you then need a 4 wheel barn? Oh and about the driver and passenger in the front having their legs right in the crush zone. Sorry not in my home. You are right the the old person Grand Marquis is a safer choice. If that wont do for her get an Excursion or an Expedition

·
Registered
532 Posts
I have a 93 E150 van and I love it. It is a low top convertion,[Not a big fan of high tops, don't see the need] and I ger about 13-17mpg. With a full load,[4 people, 4 dogs, lugage for all, and towing a 5500lb boat] I get about 10mpg.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts