Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
'68 Fastback, 392 EFI stroker, AOD, IRS
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finally getting around to assembling door windows on my '68 Fastback. I need advice on what power regulator kits to use. I don't want to waste money on some cheap junk that would fail within a month. Does anybody have any experience you can share?

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
No experience, but I see that Mustangs to Fear has one they sell. I'd give them a call and ask how it works and what their warranty is (if they have one). I believe they build cars with all the bells & whistles, so they should have some good experience to share. It's not cheap though. I think it was close to $700 for the pair.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Somewhere I saw a writeup on how you can combine full-sized Ford power window regulators with Mustang crank regulators and make what Ford never made for these cars.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Somewhere I saw a writeup on how you can combine full-sized Ford power window regulators with Mustang crank regulators and make what Ford never made for these cars.
This might be what you're thinking of.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
The mod I saw may have been for rear quarter windows. They removed rivets and combined full-sized Ford cars of the same era that did have factory power windows with parts off the Musang regulator.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Nu-Relic and Electric-Life make kits for these cars. I installed Electric life power window motors into a 66 convertible and am pleased with their performance. I installed billet switches into my center console. It's also possible to install crank handle switches for a more stock appearance or even do both if you are up to the wiring.

Ni-Relics

Electric-Life

·
Registered
'68 Fastback, 392 EFI stroker, AOD, IRS
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everybody! I like Nu-Rlics kit - looks sturdier and I like that they keep the spring to help upward movement. Price is high but I guess it's worth it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts