Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '67 GT Coupe (390, 4-speed, 25,000 miles) that is nearly all original. I am slowly exchanging some of the smaller items that have been improperly installed over the years to what I understand was on the car as it was first sold (hoses, hose clamps, etc.). I am now looking at the wheels which I have been told were original by two gentlemen who owned the car before me for more than 20 years. The only other owner was an engineer at Ford in Dearborn who bought the car in Nov. 1966. My question is whether the wheel, wheel cap, and color (argent) are correct for the Nov. 1966 build date. I have been told that the original owner had some "pull" at Ford and may have requested something a bit different than what would normally be expected to roll off the production line. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Larry
Wheel Tire Car Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your response, Bob. And thank you for the pricing sheets. It's amazing to see how (relatively) little the car with the options cost when new. I'll order the Marti Report today.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I should have also mentioned that the Blue Center Cap on the Styled Steel Wheels would be correct for the 1967 Styled Steel Wheels. Also, the Wide Ovals were White Sidewall, not Raised White Letter.
All Fastbacks came with the Standard 1967 Full Wheel Covers. For Coupes and Convertibles, unless Full Wheel Covers were ordered as an Option, they would have come with the "dog dish" style wheel cover, and the wheels painted the same color as the car. When any of the Full Wheel Covers available as an Option, the steel wheels were painted Black.

Bob
Thanks again, Bob. You are a wealth of knowledge. I have now obtained and reviewed both the Marti Report and the actual window sticker that was on the car when originally sold. The car was produced with the standard steel wheels and the wheel covers were purchased as on option. After taking possession the original owner did purchase the Styled Steel wheels and the blue center caps which appeared in the photo.

Interestingly, I was able to match the cost sheets that you provided with each of the standard and optional items on the window sticker with the exception of one item at the very top of the window sticker which was unreadable. The cost extension for that item was $105.63. I see no matching figure on the cost sheets. Do you have any idea (or guess) as to what that cost item might have been?

Again, thanks for your assistance.
Larry

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bob: Thanks once more. Yes, I did verify the additional cost of the 390 engine at $158.08. I am quite certain that I could have searched and searched for an answer and would never have arrived at a proper one. Now, on a copy of the window sticker, I will be able to add the missing information.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts