Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need advice on headers for a 1969, running a Blue Print Engines 408 stroker (351w) with hydraulic clutch, TKO 600 5 speed and Borgeson power steering gearbox. Would prefer long tube. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
With an engine like that, depending on the heads I'd definitely go with either 1-3/4 or 1-7/8 primaries. Don't even think about 1-5/8 (or smaller). If you have 190cc heads I'd say 1-3/4 is OK. If you've got 220s or something I would try for 1-7/8, probably have to go custom though. Let that big engine breath!

Off the shelf these are the correct headers for you transmission but the Borgeson may be a wildcard, not sure. I don't know why it says 302, I selected 351w as the engine. Maybe on a '69 it's the same header.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Contact Stan at FPA. His headers are not inexpensive nor are they cheap headers.
And be prepared to listen. I just ordered a set this week for the Go Fast. He likes to talk (and you can certainly learn from him), but he knows his stuff. Strictly a Ford guy. My headers are 4 weeks out...

If you talk to him, don't let him hang up without telling you how and why he got into making headers. Hint, it was because of the very heads I'm using on my engine...

Allen

·
Registered
221 Posts
I'd honestly order the headers you want and have a local exhaust guy move a tube or two around the borgeson.... That's going to be your only issue. I see people on here order set after set and by the time they pay shipping 3x a competent welder could have moved some tubes around. My 2cents....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts