Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I am think of getting a set of the front coil spring perches that have roller bearings in them instead of rubber bushings. First of all is there any significant difference that I will notice when I drive the car? If so what is it? Second where is the best place to buy them. Thanks for any and all help on this matter.
Al

·
Registered
8,116 Posts
Huge difference IMO. The front end reacts much quicker and predictable.

Opentracker (John) is the Man :highfive: He'll also help you if you want to do them yourself!

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
If you do a search on the subject, I think you will find LOTS of people who will vouch for opentracker....thats where I got mine ::

·
Registered
7,980 Posts
The difference is that the almost all of the forces acting on the upper control arm to move it up and down get transfered to the spring, instead of getting transfered partly to the car as the perch resists movement.

Opentracker is the man.

John Harvey

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
There is a very noticable difference with roller spring perches.
Your suspension reacts quicker and smoother to bumps in the road.
The suspension is also less likely to jump around on extremely rough roads as well.

Opentracker is the man to talk to:
http://www.opentrackerracingproducts.com

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
IMHO your should not hesitate to just buy some from John (Opentracker).

I have built several sets myself and I assure you for the small difference in actual cost you cannot replicate the workmanship. I recently received a set from him but have not installed them yet. But I know from experience the ones I have built were an improvement so I know his will even be better.

They are NICE.

Even come with glossy black paint, an "offroad only" warning decal and brand new rubber pads for the spring to sit on.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I built my set. It's not tough to do, but if you start out with new stock mounts and buy the bearings, you've spent a good chunk of change. Then get it all cut, welded, cleaned, assembled and painted, yeah it's a pain and they're not near as pretty.

Buy from John they're worth it.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
Ditto the above. I have two sets.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts