Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some advise.
I have a line on a 67 conv. all painted, new floors,rails etc. drivetrain installed, new 4 wheel disc, 9" rear, AOD trans,302 out of a 70 mustang.
needs to be put back together- trim, interior, top, color sand & buff.

the guy wants 10K for it, I think it is worth it but its not a great deal. paint is real nice, 68 BLue, not sure of the name. he says it is easil a 5K paint job, wether it is or not, I can not say.the car is about an hr from me in NJ

next thing is:
a 68 GT/CS, the carwas restored several years ago & no longer has the fog light, or the hood locks. the owner backed into a pole & damaged the rear trunk lid, tail panel, valance, bumper.
theinterior is plain & original colors, the exterior was changed from whimbelton white to light blue(also a 68 color) car is a 289 auto, nstandard interior, no console, no A/C.
the CS is in cali & they want 7K for it.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Since the main pieces that make the CS are damaged, or removed, and the convertible is only an hour away, why not pass on the CS and buy the convertible. Then purchase the Shelby/CS parts for the convertible. You'd have a unique combo, as long as you're not worried about originality.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I would buy the CS, Just my oppinion. You can find verts but you cant find CS.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
The vert sounds like the better car....provided it was done correctly. I'd be a bit apprehensive due to the fact that someone got it so close, then stopped with not alot left to do. ::

I'm not huge on CS's, and the vert on a sunny day would be a rewarding car to drive IMO.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
All things considered, I think in the long run the CS will be worth more. Also, if the Conv is a NJ and the CS is a Cali car, there is probably more rust issues with the conv than the CS, but ya never know. I guess it would not be a waste of a couple hours to go look at the conv. If its in decent enough shape pick it up for what you can get it for, flip it on Ebay and then use the money and any profit for the CS and the repairs and shipping...

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
From 20 feet away, the CS looks better.

From behind the wheel of the convertible, the world looks better.

Your choice.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
If you're serious invest the time to visit the vert. There are a lot of reasons for "almost" finishing a car. If the paint job is really a 5K job, then rust repair should have been done correctly. Sounds like you're looking for a sunny day car and nothing says sunny day like a convertible.

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I saw the conv. it looks great, the floors were done right, the cowls as well, all rust has been removed & paint looks nice & still needs to be color sanded

1 - 9 of 9 Posts