Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am searching for a brake warning light pigtail plug like in the photo below. It seems to be failing causing my warning light to stay on. I've already replaced everything else in the brake system including the brake distribution block and sensor that this pigtail plug connects to. I've read they are specific to 1968 - to early 1970 Mustangs and Cougars. Thank you. Dan ([email protected])

·
Registered
870 Posts
The two purple leads are tied together electrically within the black connector. The #1 cause of the warning light on is that the spool valve in the distribution block has shifted fore or aft and grounding the sensor/switch. If you pull the connector off the switch does the light go out?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll try that. I replaced the distribution block (for the reason you stated), sensor and replaced the pigtail connector once before with a used donor plug, all within the last 1,000 miles so I am guessing the donor pigtail plug is now bad. Master cylinder and brake booster were also rebuilt. The only used part on the system now is the donor pigtail plug.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Typically with a pigtail like that, the failure is a broken connection - open circuit. If that is the case, the light will NEVER come on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts