Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys....
I have a 1970 Mustang I'll be running a 302 engine. Now the engine is out of a 1989 mustang 5.0 roller, but I will be using a carb system with a shaker setup.

What kind of carb size should I run?

Also, does anyone know the pulley size/number for the pulley on a power steering pump for a 1970 302?

Thanks

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
The carb for that should be 600-650. Pulley choice will probably be limited to the offset you need. Will you be running AC? If you have a choice, go with the largest diameter that fits. You're running a high rpm engine, and you don't want a high rpm pump situation.

Biggest pulley I ever saw on one of these was the 67 289HP PS pulley:

·
I won a special award
7,409 Posts
The carb for that should be 600-650. Pulley choice will probably be limited to the offset you need. Will you be running AC? If you have a choice, go with the largest diameter that fits. You're running a high rpm engine, and you don't want a high rpm pump situation.
Ditto. And don't use a double pumper. Get a vacuum secondary carb. Are you wanting stock steel pulleys? Or aftermarket pulleys? March Performance makes some nice aluminum billet pulleys. They're just not cheap. I have a set on my engine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I won't have A/C, I also got to find a conversion 50 oz harmonic balancer for this setup.
I was thinking of a Holley Carb - 415 4V 650CFM electric choke....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts