Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend's parents told me about a mustang their friends own, they thought I should check it out because the wife is filing for divorce and I might be able to get the car for a decent price.

Well, I went and looked at the car and it turns out to be a 1966 K code fastback with an automatic, pony interior and w/o the GT package. The couple are the original owners and have documentation for the car. It is completely numbers matching (I checked it all out) but it is in a million pieces.

The car is completely stripped rust free body in primer and the undercarriage repainted in red oxide and the engine compartment redone. All of the parts are new and boxed/labled. The husband was trying to restore it concours correct.

It's easy to determine the value of a complete cars, because you can go buy what others in similar condition are selling for. But, this is a little more tricky...

What would be a "deal" on this car?

I took a few pics and will post them tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He knows what it's worth restored. Too bad he doesn't know she's filing for divorce beginning of next week. :eek:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Maybe you could find it in your heart to tell him she is trying to sell his car.

What a b!+ch ::
Women like that make the rest of us look bad.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
A deal would be under $8k. A bargain would be $10k. Expect to pay $12 to $15k, unless the sale would save the marriage (i.e. the car is tearing them apart)

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm asking for advice on the value of the car... not the ins & outs of other people's lives. And, as far as I know, they bought the car together brand new in 1966, so it is 1/2 hers.

She is not selling it w/o him knowing, rather giving me first opportunity at the car if it is to be sold.

·
Registered
663 Posts
If that is what it turns out to be. If you did not want it I would give the 12-15 k.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I got my 57 Tbird this way for cheap. It is really sad to see people just decide one day that it isn't worth trying to work out their problems, especially when there are children involved, like in this case, the K-code fastback! :(

·
Registered
550 Posts
1966 K code fastback with an automatic... It is completely numbers matching (I checked it all out)
Now that is rare! Where on the C4 did you find the VIN stamped?

Good luck!

·
Registered
916 Posts
My friend got his 66 k code fastback and a 67 k code coupe from a dead mans family that wanted to get rid of them for 9~10 grand. Both cars have less than 100k original miles on them. He was just lucky and both cars are in perfect condition. Good luck getting it for less than 12k though, depending on what condition. My friend got the fb appraised that 28k.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts