Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok maybe someone has mor einfo than i do i cant figure it out a couple fo things i cannot figure out is there is no paint code stamped on the tag and the special equipment code all the other mustangs i have seen the special equipment code is a 2 digit number and this car ahs a 6 digit number any help would be greatly appreciated the number is as follows 65b space for no paint code 6g 11d 512051 1 u and on the axle code we cannot tell whether that is a 1 or a i thanks please email any help to [email protected] thanks mike

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Deep Breath. Punctuation. Capitalization..... ::

I THINK you are saying that there's no paint code on your door tag, and a 6-digit DSO code of 512051. That would indicate a special order color - the 2051st Special Order out of DSO 51.

Fill out your profile, so that we know some details about your car, like what year. If it's 67 or later, you can contact Kevin Marti and get a set of reports that will help decode what color the car was.

*Edit
After reviewing Your Previous Posts, it sounds like you MIGHT be dealing with a 67 High Country Special. As mentioned, the best way to determine what you have will be a Marti Report.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ah no one needs punctuation i would put the car in my profile but i am actually doing this for afriend who does not have access to the internet the car is a 67 hardtop coupe with a 390 c6 standard console and a overhead console deluxe interior and exterior turn signals in the hood fog lamps in the grill and im sure im forgetting alot of stuff on this car thanks mike

·
Registered
646 Posts
My car had no paint code either and the six digit DSO code. Turns out the paint was a special order 63 Mercury "Ocean Turquoise." I would guess your paint was also not one of the choices for Mustangs for that year.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
A little advice to a newbie. Those who don't use punctuation frequently don't get vaible answers. Your posts are somewhere between difficult and unreadable. Try harder.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
if you are going to write without punctuation, how about leaving out the spaces, too. It would make the post THAT much more interesting.....

e.g.
ahnooneneedspunctuationiwouldputthecarinmyprofilebutiamactuallydoingthisforafriendwhodoesnothaveaccesstotheinternetthecarisa67hardtopcoupewitha390c6standardconsoleandaoverheadconsoledeluxeinteriorandexteriorturnsignalsinthehoodfoglampsinthegrillandimsureimforgettingalotofstuffonthiscarthanksmike
There, isn't that even better?

::

·
Registered
966 Posts
I agree with previous posters. Your preference may be to avoid punctuation and grammar in general, but remember this: you aren't writing notes to yourself! The rest of us rely on grammar to make sense of things! ::

1 - 8 of 8 Posts