Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm looking for the License Plate Frames from Midway Motors on Vermont Ave. in Los Angeles, CA. for my 66 A-code Coupe (see photo @ bottom) which was purchased new there . I was hoping next time any of you are at a wrecking yard or swap meet down there in SoCAL, you might keep an eye out for me! I will be glad to pay a finder's fee for your help.

Thanks to 66_Pony, this is a photo of what the frame looks like.
http://sjadelson.home.attbi.com/images/plate_frame.JPG

I've been in contact with Midway Ford (as they are called now), and they don't make them at all with the dealers name on them any more, so I'm out of luck going that route.

My only other option would be to find someone that can actually reproduce the frames for me, but I imagine that will be very costly just for 2 plates. Anyway, any help would be appreciated, just wished I still lived down there where I could try to search them out myself. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

TIA
Doug

·
Banned
925 Posts
I will keep my eyes open. Not too many frames make it to the junkyard but I look at the swap meets for good metal frames. BTW, I want a set from Tyson Ford, VA. The dealership is still in business but the metal frames are long gone.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
My '70 came from there. I will look to see if I have that frame, it looks familiar so I might have it. I don't know when I will have a chance to dig through my stuff but I will l will look when I get a chance.
John

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I'd have to dig for the picture, Doug, but I had a 66 glove box door with their sticker pasted on the inside (ac instructions etc.) so I know the name and now my antenna is up.
If I find it keep the ff. I owe you for the help on getting that C.O.A. a year ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts