Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 967 Ford Mustang 4.7L 2BL OHV 8cyl manual from my family. with 16k miles. It's been storage for 25 years. In 2018 they took it to ford dealership and got a new battery, water pump, tank gas drained. They drove the car back to the storage. Now i;m trying to make it running again and i don't know where i should start.

Things that i bought so far
Motorcraft Spark Plugs SP-459
Motorcraft Oil Filter FL-1A
Marvel Mystery oil
Brake Fluid DOT 3
Duralast ignition cables
Engine oil Lucas High Zinc 10w-40
New thermostat
Coolant 50/50 Prestone
Distributor cap
Starting fluid

I want to change the transmission, power steering and differential fluid. What type of fluid do i need and how much for each part? Do i need seal gaskets? Also do i need a transmission filter? What rotors and brakes do i need?

·
Registered
1967 GT500
2,452 Posts
I would worry about just starting it first by changing oil and coolant as well as plugs, wires, distributor cap, points, condenser, etc. Run gas from a stand alone gas can with a secured line into it. After that go to thermostat, gaskets fluids depending on what you find.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got a 967 Ford Mustang 4.7L 2BL OHV 8cyl manual from my family. with 16k miles. It's been storage for 25 years. In 2018 they took it to ford dealership and got a new battery, water pump, tank gas drained. They drove the car back to the storage. Now i;m trying to make it running again and i don't know where i should start.

Things that i bought so far
Motorcraft Spark Plugs SP-459
Motorcraft Oil Filter FL-1A
Marvel Mystery oil
Brake Fluid DOT 3
Duralast ignition cables
Engine oil Lucas High Zinc 10w-40
New thermostat
Coolant 50/50 Prestone
Distributor cap
Starting fluid

I want to change the transmission, power steering and differential fluid. What type of fluid do i need and how much for each part? Do i need seal gaskets? Also do i need a transmission filter? What rotors and brakes do i need?
I would worry about just starting it first by changing oil and coolant as well as plugs, wires, distributor cap, points, condenser, etc. Run gas from a stand alone gas can with a secured line into it. After that go to thermostat, gaskets fluids depending on what you find.

Yeah that's exactly my plan the problem is i found a minor leak in the differential thats why i wanted to do the full service

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.