Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's not exactley the easiest thing to do when it comes to placing a value on a car you cant actually see in person, but I need some help here guys, and I dont have any experiance with buying/selling classic cars. I do plan on selling the car within 5 years, and i'm curious to think what some of you would say it's worth.

I guess I'll give a run down of everything about the car.

1969 standard coupe,rebuilt 302 with under 5k (probably 20-30k when i go to sell), C4 automatic also rebuilt, 2.79 rear end ratio, converting to delux interior (still need to get door panels, and console, but already have instrument panels & quarter trim panels), BF goodrich Radial T/A's w/ magnum 500's, NOS hood scoop, '70 door glass conversion, power brakes, manual steering, Calypso coral in color, EXCELLENT paint job, completely straight, ZERO rust (kept in heated garage)

That's just the basics. The car was completely dis-assembled and EVERYTHING was restored.

Front end :completely restored, new bushings and all, cut 1/2 coil in the springs. brakes rebuilt.

Rear end :housing was removed from car, cleaned, repainted and put back in, new leaf springs, new shocks, brakes rebuilt.

Interior : seats re-upholstered, new carpet, new headliner, grant steering wheel, delux instrument panels in PERFECT condition, NOS dash pad, everything is clean and beautiful.

Engine & compartment : engine is a rebuilt 302 bored .030, Crane powermax cam, new springs & retainers, holley 4160, edelbrock performer RPM manifold, high volume oil pump, heddman elite headers, aluminum ford racing valve covers, chrome ford racing air cleaner assembly, compartment was cleaned, and repainted, new power brake booster & master cylinder, manual steering, new front shocks,

miscellaneous : new windshield, all new weatherstripping, front air spoiler, ALL new chrome trim & emblems, loads of NOS parts, tranny has a shift kit, flowmaster 40 series mufflers.

I dont know what else there is to describe. It was a total tear down, and re-build restoration. quality worksmanship done on the overall restoration, body work, and engine work.

so lets hear it fellas :)

·
Registered
9,780 Posts
WOW, that one is pretty. Tough question, because right now coupes seem to get no respect except 65/66 K code ones, and of course the 68 1/2 CJ's. My guess would be about $8500 up to 10,250. But do save all that stock stuff you took off, you may need it.
On the other hand, any time now a little supply and demand thing might kick in, meaning, as the supply of Shelby's, Mach I's, Gt's drys up, all the rest should go up too.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Well, I'm no expert on values, but I do love the 69 coupes. Since I've seen your car in person up close and know that it is truly first class inside and out, if I was in the market for another I wouldn't mind paying in the 8500-10,000 range for it myself. I don't know how much of that is due to my love for these cars, though. BTW, that's my 69 coupe next to yours in your sig pic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts