Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a shelby fiberglass hood. Anybody know which ones fit the best and/or the least expensive. I'd like to replace my original steel hood but I don't really have to if the prices are too ridiculous. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Well if your looking for quality, my hoods probably fit the best out of any on the market. Most of the prep work is done prior to the master mold being built, and the fiberglass is handlaid with a smooth gel-coat applied, so any prep work afterwords is minimal. They also have the hinge & latch area steel reinforced. All the custom parts I make and sell, I also use on my cars, so quality is an issue as I am picky!

Who's ever hood you purchase, make sure and measure it from side to side, top to bottom at various locations to make sure it is the same as the original hoods, otherwise you may be in for a lot of work or big expense at the local body shop prior to paint.

My 66 below will be receiving the full fiberglass treatment. Shelby Hood; R-Model Apron; Shelby style Deck Lid & End caps

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
I just received a '65/'66 Shelby hood from the Mustang Ranch (where Doug works). I can attest the quality is better than the previous '65/'66 Shelby hood I bought from Maier Racing Enterprise. Both are sturdy units but the finish of the hood I bought from the Mustang Ranch is far superior than the MRE hood. Too bad I can't take side by side pictures of the two, I had the MRE hood modified to fit the Half-a-Fastback (it has a 351W so i had it converted to a "cowl induction" hood.

Regards,

Dean T

(edited for clarity)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts