Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the Scott Drake shifter lever repair kit with shoulder bolts. It came with no instructions and I’ve searched all over the interweb with no luck. I’m a bit of a newbie to ancient Mustangs. Would anyone have instructions or better yet, a picture or diagram of what to do with this kit?

·
Registered
9,042 Posts
Which SD kit??

Pics help greatly...

Otherwise, We could be guessing 'til hell freezes over..

:eek:)

Tony K.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Remove the upper shift boot and you will see the two hex heads of the shoulder bolts. All those parts go in the top part of the shifter.

·
Registered
1967 Mustang GT fastback
4,019 Posts
The cups and springs go in the side of the shifter to keep it firm and centered in its place. One spring goes inside the cup (with grease of course) on the right hand side of the chrome shift lever (which has the shift knob atop of it), and one spring fits in the other cup which goes on the left side of the shifter lever. The big washers (which are unique washers to the gear shifter, not regular washers) go under the hex-head shoulder bolts which attach the shifter to the base. Look at the Ford shop manual if you have one, for a good pic of the whole thing. And if you don't have a Ford shop manual yet, get one ASAP.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I bought the Scott Drake shifter lever repair kit with shoulder bolts. It came with no instructions and I’ve searched all over the interweb with no luck. I’m a bit of a newbie to ancient Mustangs. Would anyone have instructions or better yet, a picture or diagram of what to do with this kit?
This should help you. It's pretty easy to figure out when you get it apart.
http://www.mustangandfords.com/how-to/drivetrain/mump-0906-how-to-rebuild-a-manual-shifter/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts