Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am past due of the typical front conor rust repair on my 65 doors..I am starting to become embarrased to drive it...Everone says "oh what a nice car" but then goes to talk about my door cancer...Does anyone know of a good person who can fix this that is near Pierce county?? The rust is not that bad, just needs either the bottom front cornor cut out and new bottom skin or another bondo fix which that fix has lasted me the past 10 years.. So whichever.. I would prefere a new bottom skin so I do not have to do it again in another 10 years but I just need it fixed ASAP....Any info would be greatly appreciated...

·
Registered
141 Posts
Check out NPD they have either full replacement doors, door skins or even lower door repair panels. I havnt done any of these, but if you can weld, i dont think the lower skin repair would be that hard. just have to take your time at it. You could also search craigslist and see if anyone has any doors up for grabs. Ive seen some mustang stuff on there lately.

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
It is never that easy to repair first of all. There is more rust there than you know. If you want to do it right, remove the door, send it to get it blasted and see what is salvageable. Better yet, the blasting shops usually know where to take welding project to have it finished correctly, bring it to them and paint the door. I would not re-skin the door.

A picture is worth a thousand words so post a pic of the door and many here can help you to decide just how bad it is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts