Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just put a Edelbrock performer rpm intake on my 289, but there is no recess in the intake for my thermostat. Do I need a different thermostat than stock? I guess i'm clueless on what to do!

thanks,
Tim

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I looked online, all the Edelbrock intakes i saw had place for the sending unit. You may need and adapter to get yours to fit, but the hole should be there in the water galley. What intake do you have?

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
There is no recess for the thermostat on the Edelbrocks, or even the stock manifolds. The recess is in the thermostat housing. A stock thermostat and housing works perfectly on all Edelbrock intakes (well, all the intakes made for fords that have the thermostat on the intake, anyway).

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just went and checked, and there is a recess in the stock intake(not the new one), and no recess in the thermostat housing. I'm getting confussed now. ::

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nevermind, I looked in my NPD catalog and I can buy a housing with a recess. Problem solved! yay!

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
That's not stock, then. You'll need to get a stock or aftermarket thermostat housing, so that it has the recess in it. I just went out to my garage and looked at the stock 2v intake. The termostat mating area is machined flat as a pancake ... no recess. I've never actually seen an intake with the recess in it.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Here is what my Edelbrock thermo looks like:
http://www.geocities.com/jruizleon/IMG_1642.JPG

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I have the same intake on my 351w. You can get a thermostat housing at a local parts store that has the recess in it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts