Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are the things that have to be done to my car. What order should I do them? I am going to send the car for the body work. What I need to know is should I do the brakes and engine then send it to the body shop or should I send it off and then work around there work? What do you guys think?

Front Disc brakes
EFI 5.0 and AOD trans
Replace all interior parts.(I am sure this one is last)
Replace all suspension bushings.
Car needs full quarter panel on drives side and a patch on the passenger side. I am replacing both fenders, hood and Trunk.
new rims and tires. (Will have to get new rims when I do the brakes)

·
Administrator
19,317 Posts
I'll second David on that. You might want to get you wheels and tire too. If you're going wider tires, you might need a little fender clearancing too. This is nothing much on a rough body, but can be a major ordeal with new paint.
You'll have a chunk of money in the paint job, do everything you can before you paint the car. The interior can wait, but be extra careful putting the seats back in. Ask me how I know.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Brakes and suspension first (Safety is ALWAYS first)
AOD and 5.0 (reliability next)
Tires/wheels (tires move up towards safety if they are "may-pops")
Body work/paint last.
If you aren't driving it then the order is pretty much up to you, but if you have it on the road....ANY.....safety is priority one, for you as well as others on the road.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The stang is on jack stands in the shop right now. But I think I may start work on some of the drive train and Suspension that way I do not mess up any body work or paint. Thanks for the input guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts