Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Need help with starter solenoid wiring. .

709 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  289vert 
#1 ·
Can someone link me what wiring / wiring harness I need for my 66 automatic GT?
My solenoid is fine, it's the wiring coming off the two small front posts. Sometimes my car will not start.

Thanks !

#4 ·
In the past two months after getting gas my carhas not started. I'm 100% sure its one of the wires coming off the solenoid. I believe its brown that goes into a group of wires. I just need direction where to get these wires without buying an entire new wiring harness from cj pony parts.

#6 ·
Can you be more specific? Simply stating "after getting gas my car has not started", is too general. When you turn the ignition key to start, does the starter crank the engine, or, nothing happens? Does the starter crank the engine and the engine does not fire, or start? What is the history of this problem?

#7 ·
Getting gas wouldn't have anything to do with your solenoid wiring. Not knowing what fuel system you're running, it sounds more like a fuel filter problem. Why would you think you have a wiring problem? Did you mess with the wiring when it wouldn't start (after getting gas)? If it's an automatic, is the transmission in neutral or park? What ignition system do you have (points or electronic)? If you tried moving wires, you may have created a different problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.