Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if i should buy this car, if its a good deal. Its a 1969 Mustang, rblt 302 board 30 over,runs good, new engine with 15 miles,okay paint(red),good interior,but needs a new radeator. for 3000

O should i get this one a 1968 200 straight 6 cyl eng, runs good, current tags for 3500

Which one is better?!?

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
It is a personal decision. I'd go for the 69, but that happens to be my favorite of all Mustangs. Although I would try to insist on hearing the engine run first, and know that with so few miles on a rebuild there might be problems he isn't telling you about.
Course I just bought a 69 Coupe shell for $1000, so take anything I say with a grain of salt :)

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Depends on what you are using the car for. Daily driver? Concerned about gas mileage? Think about the 68.

Also, what shape is each body in? How about rust? Check floorpans, trunk, cowls, and any other place you can get to.

Last, regardless of which is the better buy, which do you like better? When looking for my car, I couldn't tell my husband exactly what I wanted. All I could say is "I'll know it when I see it" These choices aren't completely logical.

Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts