Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok started with the 4 wheel disc brakes and power booster and hit a big snag my drum non power petal does not work, which i expected, however i hit some other problems

#1 the clutch petal has no spring every pic i see it shows a spring, is this to ease some pressure off the clutch? does it matter if it is there?

#2 the rod that holds the clutch anf the brake pedal has a gash in it about 1/4 of the way thru it, like its been rubbing for a long time, i am guessing this can be rebuilt!

#3 the brake pedal rod that holds the master cylinder is shot, it has had no bushing and also has been worn about 1/4 of the way thru it and bent some

my questions
can i swap in a 68 clutch/ brake pedal assembly to work? or do i need to go with a different booster? and get a rebuilt clutch set up? i see there are kits for the non power manual to power manual boosters from scott drake i know someone here cut a auto to work, is that safe?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
after some searching i have determined the 67 and 68 use the same power brake booster, just 67 only offered auto trans and 68 was auto or manual with power brakes

can someone verify this ?

thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts