Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a pic of a 67 Fastback with the Shelby trunk lid and corners but with the standard taillights?

thanks

Dave

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I don't have a pic but I have seen two cars this way and I think it looks pretty goofy. If you are going to spend the cash on the decklid and quarter extentions you should really do the taillight conversion also. Maybe someone else will have a pic.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
No pic here but I do remember back in high school(many years ago) someone had a '67 fastback w/ the Shelby lid & end caps. He also had the upper & lower scoops. The tail lights were Mustang and there were two sets on each side for a total of six individual lights. Just thought the lights (that way) took away from good looks of the entire car.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks ODR!! I think it looks pretty good! (Maybe I'm goofy!) :D It at least looks different!

Dave

·
Registered
630 Posts
dunno if you still need one... but heres a pic of a shelby spoiler, norm mustang taillights and two stripes.

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/9/web/345000-345999/345047_41_full.jpg

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
I thought it looked pretty good. And the great part was that I also had the stock hood, decklid and end caps all painted to match. So if I wanted, I could change the rust free S code back to stock in an hour. I liked that idea. A lot of people knock clones out here, but here you are trying to allow a car to remain un-cut but still customize it to your taste and they say it looks goofy. I know that the Maroon car got a lot more looks than a stock car did. I also think the green one posted looks great too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts