Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for photos of 69/70 fastback's with magnum rims and BFG T/A's.

I'm not quite sure of the size i want, so i need your help.

Please post your photos (more the merrier) and the rim/tire size.

External links are fine or if you are unable to post pics, then PM me with an email if you can.

If you are unsure of your rim/tire size then please indicate that you're unsure.

I see lots of pictures around but i can't figure out the size that's being used.

·
I won a special award
7,409 Posts
Here's a couple. If you haven't seen them already, there's a few more in the Hub Garage link in my signature. The best price I've found on Magnum 500's has been Laurel Mountain Mustang. $679 including centers and lugnuts for two 15x7 and two 15x8's. Mine are made by Specialty Wheel in Oregon. 215/65/15 up front and 275/60/15 in the rear.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Your car IZZZZ AWESOME! 65/66 Conv'ts and 69/70 FB's are the only Mustangs I care for.

I'd TRADE a 68 Shelby GT500 Convertible for a 69 Mach 1, EVEN (if I had one LOL). Call me craaaazy!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Wow, Maxum96...I have to say you chose the PERFECT sizes. Looks vintage with bigger rears like the T/A cars, and still has that '70s vibe without looking dated at all.

·
Administrator
13,017 Posts
Do a google search (images) with your key words. There are a ton of pics.
Stan

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I'm running 15x7 and 15x8 with 225 60's up front and 265 50's out back no rubbing at all.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do a google search (images) with your key words. There are a ton of pics.
Stan
i agree there are tons of pics and there are lots of people quoting tire sizes.

It's just very difficult to match a picture with a size so i can choose the look i'm interested in.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Here ya go.

15 X 7 all the way around
not sure of tires size but can get it if you want me too.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Here is mine, don't remember exact size other than they are 15"

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
14's up front, 15's out back. 325/50/15. I wish the axle was about an inch shorter on both sides. If it was, I could literally tuck the whole tire up in the fender well like butter, but its just slightly to long. American racing torque thrusts.

The tire looks a little goofy sticking out of the side. I'm not in love with that myself. Planning to jump to coy's sooner or later anyway though

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I appreciate all the feedback. It was enjoyable looking at all the nice mustangs.

I'm still a bit undecided. I still have a few months before the car is reassembled.

As of today (and it changes periodically), in order of preference:

1. 215/65/15 and 235/60/15

2. 235/60/15 and 245/60/15

3. combination of above

i have a word document collecting all the pictures acquired (if at least a size was provided and the car met the criteria of magnums and BFG Radial T/A's).

if you are interested in that document let me know. I'll first need to get approval from those providing pictures through email.

here are some stats.

·
I won a special award
7,409 Posts
Feel free to share any of my info or pictures.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i have a word document collecting all the pictures acquired (if at least a size was provided and the car met the criteria of magnums and BFG Radial T/A's).

if you are interested in that document let me know. I'll first need to get approval from those providing pictures through email.
I am trying to make the same tire choice for my '69 mach and would love to see your collection of pics especially those between 225/60/15 and 255/60/15

1 - 20 of 21 Posts