Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a factory installed speed control system in their car for a 69? I would like some pictures showing routing, where it all goes, and all the different parts as installed.

Also, does it work very well?

I would like to have a cruise control system in my 70 convertible, but I want to stay original. From what I have seen of the aftermarket kits, it would be very obvious that it was aftermarket.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone KNOW of a 69 with speed control?

·
Registered
630 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the pictures! Where do the other end of those vacuum lines connect? Can you take a picture of the pedal assembly and how it is connected? Where does the turn signal lever wiring plug in? And, if you have a power top, can you take a picture of the switches so I can see how they are mounted?

Thanks! When you are going to start working on your car, let me know and I might fly down to look at the system to document it - if you are ok with that.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
P.S. I wonder why they didn't offer the speed control in 1970?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Midlife...How many Cougars received it? The system is that same.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Cruise said:
I'm courious too.

According to Kevins "....by the numbers" book, Speed Control were only offered for -67, -68, -69 Mustangs.
Anyone know why Ford dropped it for later years?

Paul

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
phw said:
Cruise said:
I'm courious too.

According to Kevins "....by the numbers" book, Speed Control were only offered for -67, -68, -69 Mustangs.
Anyone know why Ford dropped it for later years?

Paul
Lack of demand.

It wasn't worth it to Ford to offer it as an option anymore with so few cars being ordered with it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know I am responding to an old post, but I just joined. My 69 has factory cruise and I have the complete installation manual. PLease contact me if you are still trying to install cruise. I also have an extra, completely restored 69 system. It is slightly different from the 70 system.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good Evening, 69mcodemach1 !
I have a 69 Cougar ( San Jose assembly, S-code ) with cruise. I took everything out / apart for a complete rotisseries restoration. I'm sure I could put the entire speed control system back in, as I took pics, but the installation manual would be added insurance ( and piece ? of mind ). Do you still have the manual ( to buy, or pay you for a scan / photocopy )?
Many thanks for taking the time to read and respond to my inquiry.
-Gord

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
69 cruise

Here's one I found in a barn w/ cruise control. I didn't know it had cruise until I got home and someone noticed it in the pic.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts