Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I sold the house, move into a used home, made lots of money off old house, now ready to start on suspension of my 69 Mach 1, R code.(Now a shell) Now I'm going to build it for cruising and slight drag racing.(Hope to go 428 with a 6 speed) I would like it to sit about 1 to 2 inches lower in the front, and at least 1 inch lower in the rear (than stock). Either perfectly level or slightly nose down. Does the Shelby drop lower the car or just improve handling? Would Laurl Mountain be the best place to buy? This car will not be used for road racing or any other type that requires great handling. Given the above, what type of rear springs should I get.I plan on ordering the complete suspension package. Any input will be very appreciated.

·
Registered
246 Posts
On the rears I used 5 leaf mid eyes which lower 1" On the front I used 620 progressive rate which lowers 1 inch also and did the shelby drop. I have heard some people saif the shelby drop lowered the front a bit, but I don't have measurements for myself yet.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Heidts M2 with coilovers makes lots of room,adjustable hight. and because you have lots of money ;)

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Talk to Opentracker. Use his roller perches etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts