Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
The original seats on my 1969 Mach 1 have reached the point where they really must be redone. I'm fairly handy, so I'm thinking of keeping the original hardware, which is in good shape, and replacing the foam and upholstery. I would like to have some recommendations from those with experience with this as to what brands/source is good quality suitable for a nicely restored vehicle. There are quite a few options out there vying for my $, and I know quality can vary greatly, so I just want to make a wise choice. Thanks for your help.
Also, if replacing foam and upholstery is not recommended, what complete seat kits are good choices.
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
I installed the 1970 Mach 1 reproduction foam and seat covers from NPD. The only difference between the 69 and 70 seat covers is the color of the stripe; orange for 69 and gray for 70. While the comfortweave doesn't exactly match the factory stuff, it's still looks very good.

I tried to install the covers myself, but just couldn't get it done. I was afraid I was going to rip something. I had a local auto upholstery shop do it. It wasn't that expensive and the seats turned out great.

Also, I really don't think there are that many options out there. Likely everyone is selling the same stuff.

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
Call Rick at NPD, he won't steer you wrong and can really tell you the differences between the manufacturers of foam and upholstery. When I asked he suggested ACI cushions and TMI covers as the best combination...but don't quote me on that.

·
Registered
1966 Mustang Coupe C-code 2V 3-speed Vintage Burgundy
29 Posts
Call Rick at NPD, he won't steer you wrong and can really tell you the differences between the manufacturers of foam and upholstery. When I asked he suggested ACI cushions and TMI covers as the best combination...but don't quote me on that.
I am new here and also need a new drivers seat or at least repaired for a 1966 coupe. Who / what is NPD and how do I get ahold of Rick? Thanks!

·
Registered
1965 2+2 Vintage Burgundy A-code C4
6,731 Posts
National Parts Depot, Rick is the owner and frequent poster on here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts