Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchasing a mustang in CA and need a transporter to bring it to FL. Anyone that has had this done please give me some input here or e-mail to [email protected]
Thanks

·
Registered
839 Posts
Try Elite Transporters at 1-580-774-2690 Nina or Gary. My 68 original with 11,500 miles was transported from Arkansas to New York in May and I was extremely pleased. The person I bought the car from (Craig Whitlatch) made the arrangements with them for me. It was an enclosed trailer, cost me $1050.00. Craig has used them many times. Good luck.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I should also mention that Elite brought my car straight thru, no sitting in a depot somewhere waiting for pickup. It left Arkansas on Wednesday and got in Poughkeepsie New York Saturday morning at 9 a.m. The driver was great.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
You might even check with Pete at Orlando Mustang. He makes trips to CA and may be of some help. 407-688-1966 ;)

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hello Randy,
I would recommend Elite Auto Transport as first pick. I've used them on several occasions and they are very good at what they do. If they're booked up for some reason, then go with Horseless Carriage. I hope this helps and good luck with the new ride.

Michael

·
Registered
47 Posts
If it's a really nice car/show car, there is only one choice Horseless Carriage Transport. They are the factory transport for Rolls Royce, Ferrari etc. The cost is a bit more (not that much) but it is a class act. The car is fully enclosed and covered during transport. I believe It cost about $1800 to ship my car from PA to CA 4 years ago. They are based in NJ/NYarea.

I recently heard someone had their show car shipped by somone else and had the car show up with a spot rubbed through the paint across the roof.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts