Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting together the interior on my stang. Have the Shelby Roll bar and interior quarters. The guy at Branda wasn't able to help. What he's saying just can't be right!
I need an owner or expert to explain how the plastic quarters are suppose to match up to the window openings without looking like _rap! Thankyou..... I'll even pay for the call! "G"

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No.... but good idea! Sad part is I haven't purchased any of the stuff from him.........

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Ken, No worries I have found him always willing to help, as in long run he gets some of all our business, good guy.

Mark

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
The metal portion of the standard Mustang interior rear quarter panels was trimmed a couple of inches down and attached with a couple of screws. an extension was attached to the Mustang window regulator. A metal bracket with a hole in the center located the end of the extension. The interior panel which covered the bottom of the rollbar attached with 5(?) screws one by the regulator handle (screwing into the aforementioned bracket) and one screw at each of the corners. I have a drawing of the bracket if you need one. I may be off a little on the details, it's been quite some time since I dicked around with one.

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
See what you've said there ...helps. The guy at Branda was insisting you didn't use "any" of the existing metal portion off the stock panel. Even using a portion of the stock panel.. the plastic Shelby panels they send don't match up very well (whats new) . I wondered if I was trying to attach them wrong? or was it a trim to fit type deal? Even trimed..sure is a "crude" set-up!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts