Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finaly found my next toy. 1) thanks Bob for the "for sale" portion of the site, it helped me find her, 2) I need to get it to Utah from Texas. Does anyone have any suggestions on who to use. Cost is important but quality is better.

Thanks in advance

For those interested its a 65 GT Coupe

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
If it is drivable, go get it. If not, renting a dolly or a car trailer would be next best if you have a rig to tow it. Some household movers will transport cars when they have room. It beats going home empty. Some truckers will back haul for the money to pay for fuel on the return trip. Good Luck.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She runs but I am worried about that much ware on the tranny. Its geared for light to light racing. So it would be running high RPM's on the freeway

G

·
0 Posts
U-Haul rents car-dollies and car trailers one way only, I love when a plan comes together !!

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
From Utah to Tx though with 1 way; you're probably talking 70.00/ day for both trailer and pickup plus .50c a mile plus a 300-500 dropoff charge. Then you still have to fly out and drive back.
When I quoted Tucson to Omaha it was close to 1500.00 with that setup.

G

·
0 Posts
I used DAS (Dependable Auto shippers). I paid about $500 to have mine shipped on an open trailer about 800 miles. They do door to door but it was more convenient to do depot to depot and $100 cheaper. Very impressed with their service. They are the official shipper of Ehay if that means anything to you.

G

·
0 Posts
my brother just had his vette shipped by DAS from Florida to Pennsylvania. It was the best deal he could find, they give quotes right away, and they offered great service. Another nice thing was he tracked his car as it made its way up the east coast thanks to the tracking service on thier website. It was very convenient because he knew then when to expect his car to make it. I would recommend them for sure. But if you were thinking about doing it with a dolly or trailer from UHaul, you can get a quote off thier website.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts