Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a good shop in So. Cal (Orange County) for my 66 coupe? I had it restored by Mustangs and American Classics in Mission Viejo. They did an excellent job but the original owner of the shop (Monroe) and his best guys are gone.

Thanks!
Tom

·
Registered
65 Posts
Tom,

Is that the shop on Via Fabricante? We were out there over the 4th weekend I drove by there to see if it was still open. Didn't go in and didn't know it had changed ownership though.
There was a shop on Antonio & Empresa(by Big-O & Enterprise) that used to work on older cars. I think he was either right next to or two down from Enterprise rentacar. I only went in to him once, seemed to know what he was doing, but charged me like $80 to just look over my car.

You might go by there and see if he's still there and what you think of him. He kept a nice looking Camaro in the shop & usually had a couple of other muscle-era cars he was working on.
Sorry, not much of an endorsement, but it's close to you and maybe worth talking to if you haven't already.
You could also try Mustangs Only, he's clear up in Culver City but does a lot of restorations. Has a website, but doesn't really update it. www.mustangsonly.com

BTW, that top picture looks like the lake in RSM. We watched the fireworks there Saturday. Actually we've watched them there for the past 10 years, even after moving to AZ 3 years ago.

Nice car BTW!

Cheers,
Ray

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Ray,

Thanks for the info!

Yes, it is the shop on Via Fabricante. I've been there a few times with disappointing results since the change in ownership. The new owner carries very little (if any)inventory and I think he's in over his head. They're a repair shop and didn't even have brake pads in stock! I think they lost their main mechanic when it was sold.

That is the Rancho Santa Margarita lake. We live nearby in Trabuco Canyon and also try to make it to the fireworks show - didn't make it this year though.

Take care,
Tom

1 - 3 of 3 Posts