Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you know I'm getting another classic Stang (should have listened and not sold the Fastback...but anyway...) and I need some thoughts.
I was planning on spending max $13Kish on a nice needing nothing '67 or '68 Stang. Pref. a 4spd 302 or 390GT car.
Well, I stumbled upon a '68.5 4spd orig. CJ fastback. The car has been in storage for 10+ yrs and is very solid tho it will need paint sometime down the line and maybe a tq box replaced.
I could prob. get the car for $23K (seller wants $25K firm...). I would have to pull some strings to get the last part of the $$ to fund the CJ but I kinda look at this as a great opportunity, I don't see too many great orig. correct CJ's for $25K or less.

Same seller also has a '68 aqua green 289 or 302 4spd FB with AC, orig. non GT car now with GT equip...could prob. get that for $11/$12K.

Have to thank a fellow VMFer for looking at the cars for me today. A small world how we work for the same company in different states.

Opinions?

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
680 Posts
If at all possible, I would JUMP on the CJ......There are just a few of them left....
I had a friend that had one years ago....It was a great car. I always wanted to own that car, but, never had the chance...

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am kinda thinking the same thing...kinda like a opp. of a lifetime! I've always wanted a true CJ, let alone another '68 GT 4spd FB. I just hope since it needs paint (which I will do down down the line...and maybe some floor work..) I would not be paying too much for the car at around $24K. I never intended to pay that much for another Stang now but I don't think these cars come along like this often.

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts