Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i took my underdash wiring out of my car and put a new-style fuse box on the existing wiring harness. my question is, there are two plugs that i can't figure out what goes to them. this is for a 70, by the way. they are both located on the harness that is between the radio area and the glove box area. one is a single male plug that has a black wire and a blue/red stripe wire going to the single male plug. the plug is clear in color. what plugs in this? i know the radio wires are blue w/red strip but i have it plugged in already to the two-prong connector. And the other is a three prong connector that is black in color. each of the three prongs are the female blade type. one wire is black, one is red, and the other is red w/yellow stripe. i appreciate everyone's help on here. VMF rules!

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
On the 69 and the 65 harness they have similar wires.The 3 female plug is an extra for accessaries.I do not have anything in this one.The other wire you have could be for a clock, the map lights, glove box, passenger side courtesy light, under hood light..Having a clear plug sounds like it also could have been added, did not see any clear plugs on mine but then again I do not have a 70..probably not much help but may give you some ideas.
Don

1 - 2 of 2 Posts