Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am wondering if anyone has seen stripes going from the hood louvers all the way down instead of LeMans stripes,will it come out even all the way to the back? thanks -pete

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Some package in 68 had the stripes coming out of the hood louvers but they ended at the windshield base. They did not continue onto roof and trunk.

Edit---now that I think further about it, I can't recall if the stripes ended at the w/s base or at the end of the hood; regardless, they did not continue up and over the car.

·
Registered
16,009 Posts
they will come out even if you mask it correctly /forums/images/icons/wink.gif. I've seen it done and it does not look right at all in my opinion. The dual stripes look best if you stick to the Shelby Formula ... anything more than the standard distance between the stripes looks wrong. Goes for non tappered stripes and too wide/too skinny stripes as well.

·
Banned
4,774 Posts
In 1968 it was the only way you could buy a Mustang with two-tone paint . Stripe went from pinch weld ( car was painted before windshield was installed ) to the turn signal louvers , but not the louvers themselves .In `67 it was the tail light panel that was the other color .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts