Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No not that kind of stud! I am taking apart my rear side louvers on my 65 F/B and some of the studs that bolt it to the car are sorry looking! I have checked my cats and none of them list the attaching hardware for all of the pieces on the louvers. Do you guys know anywhere i can buy the whole kit. I could go to the hardware store i suppose and make up my own but I would like to keep everything the way it came from new.
Dave

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
I'm at the office right this second and forget exactly what these studs look like, but a have a fuzzy mental image....

I'm not sure if this is still the case, but these studs for 67-68 upper air vents were not in reproduction a few years ago... same goes for the studs for the 67-68 taillight trim bezels.

An old trick is to match the thread size to a similar length machine screw, cut the head off of the screw and then use some threadlocker while screwing the newly created stud into the vent panel.

The process should work the same for 65-66 cars.

Hope this helps!

Dave

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I was going to stop by my trusty hardware Hank store toninght(but the place is totally bare inside and no sign even anymore)when did that happen? I was just there a few weeks ago(man that bites!!)anyways I will have to make a trip to a different hardware store tomorrow and see what they have there.

Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts