Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone out there that has a stud welder & will let me rent it , like the one made by Magna Guard , that is advertised in the Eastwood catalog . I need to weld some of the pins for the rear window moulding & the 2 roof medallions on my 1969 Mach 1 . I live in Southern New Jersey . It would only take me probably 1/2 hour to do the job . I can't see buying the welder for such a small job . So if any one is willing to rent their stud welder let me know by email : [email protected] or call 856-423-7932. Thanks .

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
If you are talking about the pins that the moulding clips attact to, you can use some sheet metal screws instead.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Something I learned a long time ago. I could own a roto tiller, and a spot welder had I just bought them instead of borrowing. The tiller I borrowed threw a rod about 10 minutes into using (yes it was full of oil) and the welder transformer started smoking and burned up when I was welding some panels in a car. Needless to say both owners got new equipment as replacements for the damaged units. I wont borrow anything unless its absolutely necessary...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts