Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you look in the gallery I have shown the car I bought after seeing it on ebay. I don't doubt I got totally ripped on the transaction. I would like to pass it on to someone who is good with rough projects . The car can be viewed in Sarasota by appointment with my mechanics. I would like to use it as a trade in because I still want a suitable Mustang. if anyone has a car available please let me know what's out there. I have gone to my bank and I am trying to obtain better funding but it will be best if I can obtain something a shade above entry level. I will still need to do some work in Australia to get it on the road. Little things like our headlights point the other way, Seatbelt laws require Australian brands, blinkers need to be fitted and park lights etc. If you have someting honest and clean please let me know. thanks. Paul

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
Good God! Hard to believe what a fellow car person would do to another! Just looked at your pics in the gallery. Where does the blue 67 vert fit in?

Looking at your "new" yellow one, it adds a new chapter to the saying "can't tell a book by it's cover". Please have someone here in the States look at your next prospect.

Wonder how much of that nice looking "sheet metal" is actually bondo?!

Slim

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Blue car was my old car that I sold.

The Blue car is the car I sold to pay off some debt. the red floor was on that blue car. That is what a car should look like. When I bought the yellow car of a guy named William David Seigler he told me it only had 12 inches of rust in a frame rail, so now I'm having a car inspected as we speak prior to making an offer, so I can finally get back on the road.

Good God! Hard to believe what a fellow car person would do to another! Just looked at your pics in the gallery. Where does the blue 67 vert fit in?

Looking at your "new" yellow one, it adds a new chapter to the saying "can't tell a book by it's cover". Please have someone here in the States look at your next prospect.

Wonder how much of that nice looking "sheet metal" is actually bondo?!

Slim

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Why would anyone do paint and body on that car with the frame in that shape?? Is that a chunk of landscape timber shoved in the rear framerail near the front leaf spring bolt?? Sorry this happened to you.....

·
Registered
590 Posts
Absolutely shameful. The work that was done would have taken a lot less time to do it right. With the puddles of weld, hacked up pieces of steel welded in, etc. It would be so much easier and cheaper to buy the right pieces and weld them in. Sad that someone wasted their time hacking up a beautiful car, and even sadder that they actually felt they deserved a rich sum of money for it. With all of the rot, the car probably didn't cost them more than $1000 and they think they're worthy of making $6500 on this POS. Ughh. So sorry to see this happened.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The car was sold on this forum back in 2007 as the link in the gallery article shows if you follow that link you will see the price offered back then was either 1200 of 1500 , I am confused, I have been told by the person who bought it back then(WES) that he does not know William david Seigler though. I also notice that on 07 the seller (MIKE} on this site took out a 302 but Seigler said he took out a 6 cylinder. Seigler has supplied me with a 289 and the accompanying rear end and they both look good in the pictures at least. Those pictures can be seen by following the link to the original ebay ad. How come in USA it does not seem illegal for Seigler to sign another mans name on the Bill of Sale (William David Seigler, who calls himself Dave) signed the Bill of Sale as the name of the person who sold the car here in 2007 ? I paid $7500.00

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is 7.15 here in Australia, I've been up most of the night, Need to rest to start work aas a tax agent at 9AM. If anyone can help me part out and get another car I'd appreciate that. I had parts costed, based on the photos taken by my mechanic and the parts should cost between 2500 and 4000 (Please don't hold me to that, but C J Poney Parts also gave me a list of parts in line with the estimate, but you can cost it yourselves). I have asked my bank for help and Id like to see any offers on the table. I'll check back after Midnight (9AM your time) Cheers and thanks for your feedback. Paul O'Connor

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have to admit I just can't afford to buy another car as I doubt I could recover very much of my $7500.00 with the car in its present condition. I have ordered lots of parts including fenders, quartepanels, doors, hood, trunk, floor pans, Torque boxes the radiator he left out when the car was collected. The parts are going to cost 2500 plus cartage and then I get stung with a further 10% Goods and Services Tax when I get to Customs, but that is better that spending another 11 k plus. I am forced to withdraw my offer to buy a car and tarde in my old car. I'll show you my progress in the gallery as I get the work done. Cheers Paul

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
The car was sold on this forum back in 2007 as the link in the gallery article shows if you follow that link you will see the price offered back then was either 1200 of 1500 , I am confused, I have been told by the person who bought it back then(WES) that he does not know William david Seigler though. I also notice that on 07 the seller (MIKE} on this site took out a 302 but Seigler said he took out a 6 cylinder. Seigler has supplied me with a 289 and the accompanying rear end and they both look good in the pictures at least. Those pictures can be seen by following the link to the original ebay ad. How come in USA it does not seem illegal for Seigler to sign another mans name on the Bill of Sale (William David Seigler, who calls himself Dave) signed the Bill of Sale as the name of the person who sold the car here in 2007 ? I paid $7500.00
Paul, a lot of things are illegal if the person gets caught. For example if someone pays me with a personal check and forgets to sign it. Anyone can sign his name or any name, like Micky Mouse. Many banks handle checks by machine with a person only reading the amount. Credit cards are only usable by the person whose name is on a card.

If a car was stolen and the title was in the glove box then signed by the wrong person the actual owner could show he/she didn't sign it. Otherwise how would anyone know?

Really bad, sad, even worse that you got taken thru this forum.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for your feedback Slim. I never got taken through this forum, this forum was the last place I could trace the car back to but Wes (Mustang656man) has made it clear he is not William David Seigler and does not know William David Seigler. I found the car on ebay and not on this forum . I know just because a person bought or sold a car in the past it does not make them responsible for what a future owner does and I do not want to start a witch hunt. . I have no problem with any member of this forum. Quite the opposite. I am very gtateful for the help I am getting here. Just added front frame rails to my list of parts to restore the car. Will post pictures in the gallery as I do the work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
how to sell a carOnline marketing is the best method for selling out property or commodities because it has relatively lower costs to both the seller and the buyer. Online selling of a truck can either be of a new truck or a second hand truck. It is also advantageous as it offers a wide variety of selection of the brand and type of a track one wants to purchase. Online marketing has been approved for it is far much convenient for the buyer and the seller too. For the seller, it relieves them the need to be present in the transaction of selling their property as it is all available in the internet.
They can also negotiate for the different sellers and hence they are able to come to a conclusion on who is the best seller they prefer to buy from

1 - 11 of 11 Posts