Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned my convertible for over 45 years and I new the previous owner before me. Car has never been wrecked! While working in the trunk area and replacing wheel wells, I noticed my trunk hinges were installed from factory in different loctions comparing the right to the left hinge. Could someone give me two measurements please? If you could measure from the bottom tip of the hinge to the flat part on the tail light panel, and then how far up to the tip from the trunk floor. I would really appreciate it!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I just went out and took these pictures of my '67, which ought to be the same as your '68.

There is a little difference side to side, but also there's some variation due to the thickness of the seam sealer there under the hinge and around the bumper bolts back on the tail light panel. I can only measure to the seam sealer, not the bare metal so that'll throw the numbers off a little bit. How far are yours off?

Driver's side:

Passenger side:

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Magnus, thanks so much for the measuremnets and photos! My drivers side was at 30.25 inches and passenger side was at 28.25 and 3.75 inches high. The bolts that centers in the hole on the bracket was almost completely covered up, so i knew something was way off. My car must have been built on a friday!

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
That's why everything is adjustable, to make up for those early Monday / late Friday tolerances. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts