Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man there is a ton of turn signal posts here but I still didn't find a solution to today's problem. All four of my turn signals recently stopped working and only the right side flashers work. I tried switching the flashers and got the same result. A lot of posts mention a bad ground somewhere. Where is this and how do you check it? Can a multimeter help find the problem?

Thanks for any help! ::

·
Registered
526 Posts
First, explain this:

All four of my turn signals recently stopped working and only the right side flashers work.

Do you mean the emergency flasher I presume? Also, did this all happen at the same time? What year Maustang are you working on? Do your brake lights work? Do the indicators on your dash work? I think we can come up with something pretty positive after answering these questions.

Bill

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
if flashers work then TSs use same path and ground as TSs except in TS switch and flasher generator wiring. since you swapped flasher cans that is unlikely your problem. if your car is '65 or'66 i believe you have TS circuit breaker in headlight switch but all schematics i have do not show this detail - after '66 the circuit protection is provided by 14A fuze that is horizontal at top left of fuse panel - check that if applicable. if back-up lights, radio, or PRND21 light works not necessary to check fuze since all items are powered off that fuze. most grounds are provided near area where lights are - my '68 has rear grounds all tied together in daisy chain and terminated near trunk latch and front grounds all chained and terminated at VR case mounting screw. recommend you get flashers working on all 4 corners then start with TSs. also check grounds and bulb sockets but with all 4 out at once after working i suspect something fatal like TS switch. by the way you have to have flasher switch all way in or out for going from TSs to flashers - make sure it is all way out. "68 Owners Manual highlights that. PM me if youneed more help and state year of car and anything electrical taht you have diddled with lately.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts