Vintage Mustang Forums banner

141 - 160 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Is this thread continuing because the administrators are actually going to go ahead and change the banner with some of our actual cars? If so, here are mine:

IMG_0269-01.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Is this thread continuing because the administrators are actually going to go ahead and change the banner with some of our actual cars? If so, here are mine:

View attachment 736935
It's a cool revived thread either way...Who runs the show us or them? Keep posting great pictures and anyone who ventures in, sees them...

Nice ride btw!

Allen

·
Dimples
3,497 Posts
Since this is a resurrected old thread, I assume that the powers that be have no intention to actually update the banner to our liking. Would it be worth creating a thread in the site issues forum? Or is it just a lost cause?

·
Registered
352 Posts
I do hope it's not what I said that prompted this. I just happen to have more time than money. And it's a project that I really do not wish to do again.
No sir. It was no one comment in particular. Probably shouldn’t have posted that, just wanted you all to see a little from my perspective, and maybe that of a few others. I enjoy this forum a lot and have learned tons from all of you. While I likely won’t be able to contribute the way many others can, hopefully I will add something of value one day. Even if it’s the occasional pestering to not forget about us poseurs. You know, we need to make sure Vintage Mustang Forum is a safe space:ROFLMAO: I’ve followed your build and I think I’ve said it before, but your car is gorgeous. Have a great night!

·
Administrator
19,408 Posts
Who runs the show us or them?
Well, since the forum was sold to people trying to make a profit off it's been kind of....ummm. Well....

·
Administrator
19,408 Posts
I'm amazed that there is 1 million views of this thread.
I don't think I believe that myself.I suspect a glitch. Still, apparently quite few people are REALLY enthusiastic about having their car's picture at the top of some internet forum. I guess I shouldn't be surprised in today's "selfie" culture.

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
Switching the banner regularly may be difficult, the top photo showcase is a great alternative in my opinion.
...but as mentioned, switching it regularly is difficult. Finding a high enough produced image of a member's car is an added layer of difficulty. Then adding to that finding a member who wants their image to be incorporated in/tied to our name and image is even more difficult.
-Gerrit
Well, one, I have some amount of doubt that (in this day and age) swapping out any forum header pic once a month is all that difficult, a mere task. Heck, as already shown by @2nd 66 you might be able to just photo shop the darned thing. As to "finding a member who wants their image to be incorporated in/tied to our (our?) name and image..." The name of the forum is VMF. The image is VMF. We are the members who make up VMF. We are VMF. You are confronted by a deluge of volunteers in this very thread.

But setting all that off to the side for the moment it should be plainly obvious to you by now that no one here has said they like the new banner y'all came up with. Indeed there's a great deal of displeasure with it. In more than just one way, it isn't us.

I think it would be great to see some resolution to this sooner rather than later, and it wouldn't hurt your image around here either. This would be a good thing. :)

·
Administrator
19,408 Posts
I modified the title of this thread to reflect that it applied to a forum that no longer exists in hopes it might perhaps slow the deluge of pictures volunteered for a new banner that the current ownership apparently has no interest in making.

141 - 160 of 160 Posts