Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A wheel at a local parts place caught my eye recently and I would like opinions. I'm not sure about it because it is unlike anything I ever considered, but I do like it and they are on a closeout sale for a good price. They are 16 x 8, and I would lower my car a little more for a better look. I can't lower it right now because the wheels I have are the wrong offset. Well, here it is, and please give me honest opinions.
Thanks!
Jim

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/10400/censundancemeteor.jpg

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
That's nice, but I still like the repro style steel wheels on those early models.
My 2 cents. :p

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
very cool rims, i would run those on my 66 any day

but they do look like a downsized version of a 24" inch rim youd see on a denali or somethin lol .

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
I don't know ::

Looks a little too Euro for my taste :) But hey, that black cammer Fastback sure looked sweet ;) So they could certainly work. Do you have disc brakes to show off? may not look to cool if just drums up front :p

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've got discs, but they aren't anything to show off - Granada. I originally bought Wilwood front discs, but the tech guy at Wilwood told me they weren't strong enough for track use or autocrossing, so I took them back and bought the Granada setup off a friend. I've since learned that apparently that was bad information, so I may sell the Granada setup and get the Wilwood or something else, but either way - I know what you are getting at.
I always figured on getting some kind of torque thrust style wheel, but virtually every modded stang like mine at a show I was at yesterday had some form of that wheel on it. They DO look nice, but I want something a little different. Not sure if I'm imagining it or not, but I see a slight influence from the original Cobra (Halibrand?) wheels in these, which makes it seem to fit for me. Am I on drugs?

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
My brother just picked up a set of those for his FFR Cobra kit in 17". See if you can track done the knock off package for them too. They look BADA$$ in person...you won't be disappointed. ::

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I think they would look great IF ...

1. Your fastback is a little restomodded in other ways too.

2. You've got good looking disk brakes on all 4 corners

IMHO, they wouldn't look right on a bone stock 65/66 with drums.

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
Thanks a good point...you can see a LOT of brake through them. Chris has drilled/slotted rotos with cobra calipers.

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
Thanks a good point...you can see a LOT of brake through them. Chris has drilled/slotted rotos with cobra calipers.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
I'd say go for it, I think they're a great looking wheel, and definitely a nice change!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Whose wheels are they? I'm looking for new wheel companies that aren't too euro or blingin'

·
Registered
334 Posts
Looks very nice Jim, should look good on that fastback. Hey what brand and style is that? I'm still looking for wheels for my car too ;)

James

·
Registered
846 Posts
They are nice. Nothing wrong with being different. Hell I don't want my ride to look like everyone elses, I've got 17x8's to go on mine and there called sharks tooth.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I like them. I can't make out the logo on the center cap do you mind sharing the manufacturer and model with us?

Alan

·
Registered
721 Posts
They look great, and they ARE a refreshing change from the Torq-Thrust II's that are a bit too popular nowadays.

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
They are Centerline Meteor's. I "think" they are out of production now. The set I was looking at was a closeout sale. Thanks to everyone for the opinions!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts