Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i installed a aod trans in my 68 mustang,i am using a nuetral safty switch plug from a 85 mercury grand marquis and need to know which wires are for nuetral safty switch and which are for backup lights.thankyou all help welcome

G

·
Maybe go to a library or cruz thru a parts store and look in a Chiltons? Better than buying a
book if thats all you need.

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
21,484 Posts
Sorry, can't remember right off. I used a multimeter with a continuity checker to find mine. Before I had a multimeter, I used to use a rig made from a flashlight bulb, some wire, and a battery (D cell). Same thing. Since there are only 4 wires, hook it to the transmission and find out which 2 wires have continuity (or light the bulb) when the tranny is in N or Park. then the other 2 will have continuity when the tranny is in R.
If the tranny isn't in yet, you can still move the linkage and find out. Reverse lights up in one position while the neutral switch light up in 2 positions. Not hard to do with the proper tool (s).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts