Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I hate to ask for a wrecking yard for imports but my 92 Eclipse really needs a new power steering pump. It's my go to work and park at the airport car, so power steering is nice to have!

I just moved to the LA area and I dont know where anything is yet.

Anyone have any suggestions?

If you have time, check out my other car, the one I actually like!

http://www.members.home.net/tomtalford

66 Coupe:
302, AFR heads, Tremec 5 speed, Performer RPM, MSD Ignition, 9" w/ 3.70 gears, 4 wheel disc, subframe connectors, etc

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
check the listings in Ontario, there are quite a few junk yards out there- many of them for imports. There should be some closer to Los Angeles though, but none that I know of.

Matt Williams
67 coupe, 289

·
Registered
233 Posts
You didn't mention your area of L.A. If you are in the vicinity of the San Fernando Valley, then Sun Valley (off the Golden State Freeway) has a bunch of salvage yards. Some yards extremely large with the cars grouped by make. Some specialize - imports, Ford, etc.

Rather than just driving around, let your fingers do the walking thru your yellow pages.

David
Mountain Dew & Donuts, because breakfast is the most important meal of the day!
'66 Coupe 289 2V done for son
'70 Coupe 351W 4V (She Bear), doing for me!

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
You didn't say where in L.A. you are...but as mentioned there is a concentration of yards in the San Fernando valley area. There is another concentration in South L.A. along Alameda st. around Slauson. There are also a couple sporadically around the San Gabriel Valley (where I'm located). There are just so many around here...give us a more exact location and maybe we can find something...alternatively, the suggestion to to use the Yellow Pages is a very good one.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!

I found one in south LA on Alameda that had the power steering pump I was looking for.

Thanks for the help

Tom
http://www.members.home.net/tomtalford

66 Coupe:
302, AFR heads, Tremec 5 speed, Performer RPM, MSD Ignition, 9" w/ 3.70 gears, 4 wheel disc, subframe connectors, etc

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea, that thing called the yellow pages does wonders

1 - 6 of 6 Posts