Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I need some help from you if you can..

My name is Josep and I am in Ibiza island, Spain.
I am in the VMF and you probably have seen some of my posts there.
I own a 66 California Mustang Hardtop but I was looking around for a convertible and found one that fitted my budget. The car looks to be in Mundelein, IL and I am looking for someone that can go there and check the car for me if it's possible. If you know someone close to the place, or do you now someone that could go there and check the car, I would be very grateful, I will pay of course for the service.! If your reports are good, then I will start the purchase process, and shipment of the car to Spain. But need to know the rust condition of the car, if it has bondo areas, etc...in other words, the general health/condition of it. I know you are people that really know how to inspect these cars, so I am asking for your help.
if you think you can do it or just know someone that can do the inspection for me I would very happy.! Seller asked for $14500. I offered him $11500, let's see what they say.. So I'm in your hands.! Can you please help.?
Let me know what you think and if you or someone confident can do it, I can PayPal you when you need. See the link below,

Thanks very much,

Josep
[email protected]

North Shore Classics :: 1965 Ford Mustang -CONVERTIBLE -SWEET RIDE- NUMBERS MATCHING-SURVIVOR-GREAT PRICE- SEE VIDEO -

·
Registered
567 Posts
Judging by the pictures it looks like the car needs a quality restoration. The floor pans look heavily rusted. It also looks to have surface rust everywhere. Someone probably gave it a paint job a ways back and the rust was never corrected properly. The Illinois area of the US gets a lot of snow and looking at the rust issues from the pictures, it was probably driven in it at some point. Plan on doing a complete restoration or watch it continue to rust away.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Lenny, was expecting something like that.! So no way to get the car.
No, I don't plan to do a full restoration, just wanted to see if it could run with minor works, but obviously not. Thank you for you comments.!

Josep

·
Registered
567 Posts
I'm sure you could drive it the way it is. From a distance it actually looks good, it may even drive descently, but if you want a nice clean car on the outside as well as on the inside, this one would need to be restored.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you lenny, I appreciate your help.

Josep

1 - 5 of 5 Posts