Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
I can't help with the booster but there were two types. Early '69 used the Midland booster and later used the Delco, I believe it was a Delco style, booster. Midland has a band around the middle with a bolt through the ends. A big clamp in other words. Midland boosters are very hard to find if that is what you need. Good luck. West Coast Classic Cougars has a youtube video or 2 on boosters. Dave R.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I have one that I removed when my cam didn’t have enough vacuum for it and I went hydroboost.
are you converting to PB or did yours go bad? I ask because there is a different pedal that is required for power brakes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have one that I removed when my cam didn’t have enough vacuum for it and I went hydroboost.
are you converting to PB or did yours go bad? I ask because there is a different pedal that is required for power brakes.
mine went bad. how much? can i get a few pics?
thanx

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
tuneup man if your booster has a band clamp its a midland, send it to dan at chockostang for a rebuild. if it is a more of a twist lock that is a bendix booster and can typically be picked up for core exchange at any good auto parts store just make sure that you take the mounting bracket off the back if the new rebuilt usint is missing it. also be prepared that the new rebuild may be bad out of the box, it happens these days.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Agree with MustangBillsinc about the Midland booster. Chockostang only rebuilds the Midland boosters. IF you have a Midland booster don't let it get away as they are rare and expensive. Power Brake Booster Exchange in Portland, Oregon rebuilds all of them and may have the Bendix booster sitting on the shelf and ready to go. Good luck. Dave R.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts