Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a yard sale today, and as some of you know we live out in the sticks (country). Well I had a FOR SALE sign in FBD with BIG$$$$ on it. The next door Neighbor in his late 40's walks over with his wife and Sister-in-law to look over what he have. I have FBD kida back into a space next ti our money table and he is telling them about the car, that it is pretty powerful and all the nice things. Ooh's and aah's over the interior. Well I tell Norlan he needs to ake his wife and Sister-in-law for a drive around the block. Around the block out here is at least a 2 mile drive :). he says no he can't do that, well I prod him a little more and start moving stuff so he can get out. he finally say's "OK" after going over a couple of things I told him to "Get On it a Little" he said naw he didn't really want to do that. SO they take off out of the drive way and he hits it. not real fast at first then I hear the tires chirp when he hit second. I could hear the car for awhile. I was kinda chuckling to myself. They get back about 5 min later. he just pulls in off to the side a little not even going to try to back it in. He gets out of the car and before he gets a chance to say anything I ask him, Well? Now you have to Know Norland, he is a very laid back person. these are is exact words "THAT CAR IS INSANE!" he could nopt believe how much power the thing had. He never in his life drove such a fast car. He never even gave it full throttle. He was going 55 and pushed it and he could not get over how hard iot pushed him into the seat! I was laughing. He hasn't ridden in the car since I put the new gears and 3" exhaust in. I was loving it. He said "Did you hear the girls screaming when they took off"?
It took off so fast it scareded them. I was loving it. He said there was no way he was going to try to back it in where it was. he was shaking his head and chuckling to himself. I told him now you know why I have the marks in front of the house out on the road. He just smiled and said that is just so tempting. I said I know! it is just way to easy.
I love living in the country!!! ::

·
Registered
921 Posts
sweeeet!!!

my tires spin easy because they're nearly bald!! ::

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Sounds like you had a good day. I live way out in the sticks too. I was taking swmbo for a ride this a.m. after bumping the timing up a little more to 11 deg, to try it out. Never see state troopers out here...well, I pull up to the end of the drive (long drive) and stop at the paved county road and lo and behold a trooper had just gone by :: I waited until I saw him turn onto the main hwy a few hundred yards down and until he went out of sight! :: Oh man, if I had pulled out there about 15 sec. earlier, and got down on it, he would have been right behind me...party light time... :( Thank the mustang gods for me, whew... :: btw, this 289 likes it at 11 deg., easy starting, did not run hot, and good take off! Much better for the weiand intake and 4100 carb combo, very happy ! ::

·
Premium Member
19,203 Posts
Yuppers, the FBD lives up to its name. I love that car, especially after driving it around just a tiny bit in Des Moines! You got a real keeper there, Tony. And that was nice of you to let your neighbor get envious of FBD. ::

1 - 8 of 8 Posts