Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday I rolled Coppertone up on ramps in the grass to change the oil. I noticed how dirty the undercarriage was, since I hadn't cleaned it after our rainy Des Moines trip. So I put the rearend up on jackstands, put on my swimsuit and safety glasses, and slid under the car to hand wash the underside with Dawn detergent and Simple Green. Now she's clean again. :)

Hard to believe I've put over 10,000 miles on Coppertone since finishing her last Spring. But I'm sure enjoying it. Looking forward to the Chattanooga show this coming Saturday.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
It was cute at first, but I grew pretty sick of my neighbors telling me I was going to "wash the paint right off that thing!" It's either that or "Hey – how 'bout doing mine next!" The same thing every time. It's like saying "hot enough for you?" here in Texas... :p

Maybe I'll crawl under and wash the belly of mine this week... Surely they can come up with an original comment for that one! ;)

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
I finally washed mine for the first time since May. I love having my garage. I don't drive in the rain if I can help it and I use my California Car Duster almost every other morning.

Slade

·
Registered
616 Posts
You mean to say that you are NOT? I thought we all were. That's why we spend so much time (and $$) on our 'hobby."

·
Administrator
19,498 Posts
Been there, done that...heck that's what I've been doing the last couple of weeks. ::

Actually, I prefer working on the car at Chuck's house, no neighbors to make stupid comments. That gets old fast.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Maybe I'll crawl under and wash the belly of mine this week... Surely they can come up with an original comment for that one! ;)
Don't forget to wash behind her ears.. ::

K

·
0 Posts
Yep been there. Used a nice big BBQ brush witha large heavy handle for good leverage. That a hose and lots of Simple Green and I scrubb and scrubb and scrubb. :)

Oh, is it hot enough for ya???? ;) :D

·
Registered
971 Posts
Ya Know I think we have to be some what crazy to enjoy this hobby.
Who else would spend countless hrs, way more money into the car then it's worth and then when it's done trailer it around or sit in the garage just admiring it ?
Yep we are a little off our rockers. ::

1 - 8 of 8 Posts